Water Features in Orchid Island, FL
People are all attractive to water elements. Even the sound of running water is scientifically proven to calm the nerves. No wonder why many homeowners add water features to a garden. They add aesthetics appeal to the area and make any landscape a lot more interesting. Best of all, they can be as simple or as grand as you want to be.
We understand that it might be difficult for you to find a professional who can both design and build your dream water feature. You should look for well-experienced and creative builders to get your desired design and feature. At Gulfstream Hardscapes, Inc, we can provide the kind of feature you want since we have been doing this job for the past 40 years. Our team has designed and constructed water features in Orchid island, FL, and surrounding areas. We also offer other services for a complete landscaping solution. Call us at 772-559-9690 for consultation, estimates, and more information.
Water FountainsWhen it comes to water features, nothing beats the popularity of water fountains. If there’s only one feature you can have, this is your best option. Fountains come in different shapes and sizes. Here are the common types:
- Tiered Fountain. As the name implies, this type has more than one level of a fountain. It’s the classic form and often added to European-inspired gardens.
- Disappearing Fountain. This is sometimes called “the waterless fountain” because the water is hidden underneath. There’s still the sound of water and the presence of it, but without the drowning possibility.
- Japanese Fountain. This type of fountain is designed with oriental-themed elements. It’s a great option if you have a Japanese garden.
- Wall Fountain. It is perfect for landscapes with limited space. This type is attached to a wall, more like a beautiful 3D canvass.
- Self-Contained Fountain. Unlike all the other fountains, this one has its container, so no need to dig the ground. The wall fountain is self-contained, too, but this one can be put on the ground.
WaterfallsThe two types of garden waterfalls are pond and pondless waterfalls. The benefit of a pond is that you can add living creatures like koi fishes and water lilies. That creates a whole new ecosystem for your landscape. But then, it is costlier, takes more time to build, and requires a higher level of dedication in terms of maintenance. You can opt for a pondless waterfall, too. It is safe for small children and a low-maintenance water feature.
Backyard PondsA backyard pond must be designed by an expert because it’s not just a pool of water. It will be the living space for aquatic plants and animals. We at Gulfstream Hardscapes, Inc, take into consideration these lovely creatures when designing your backyard ponds. We make sure that these water features are well-designed and customized according to your desired setup.
Our specialty is not only limited to water features. We also install other essential landscape elements, such as plants and trees, decks and gazebos, fire pits and outdoor fireplaces, lighting, masonry, paver driveways, pools and spas, and retaining walls. We offer complete solution to all your landscaping needs. Call us today at 772-559-9690 for your free consultation.